This nutritious warm turmeric cinnamon milk flavoured with ginger, cinnamon and cardamom has amazing health benefits. It may also help you sleep.
- 1 cup milk, unsweetened almond, coconut, or dairy
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil, optional
- 1/4 tsp each of ground turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the milk of your choice with the honey and optional coconut oil.
- Bring to the point where it is almost boiling, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the spices until well blended. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, if desired.
- Add some freshly ground pepper, stir with a cinnamon stick and serve.
To make a big batch, use 1/4 cup each of ground turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom. Store in a glass jar. Makes 1 cup of mix. Add 1 teaspoon of this mix to 1 cup of milk and follow the rest of the recipe to make an individual drink.