This recipe was shared with me at yoga teacher training this year by one of the graduates, the very lovely Laura McKenzie. She made it for us on our graduation day and after one bite I knew I had to have the recipe, it is sooooo good and super easy to make. The original recipe comes from Wholefoods Simply, Enjoy xx
- 12 medjool dates
- 2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups macadamias
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper hanging over the sides for easy removal.
- Place the base ingredients into your processor and blend until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Press the mixture firmly into the base of your prepared tin.
- Place the macadamias into your processor and blend until they form a smooth paste. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the base, level the top and place in the fridge or freezer to set.